Monday, January 14, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

Well, last year I had every intention of making, and keeping, some New Year's Resolutions.  I never wrote them down, though.  I'm beginning to think that writing them down is the key.  It makes me accountable.  So this year, I'm going to write them down.  Let's see if that doesn't help. Oh, and just for the record, I wrote the majority of this two weeks ago.  So does that make me already behind? 

Number 1- Blog more.  I had every intention of doing it this past year.  It didn't happen.  This year it will!  Hopefully. 
Number 2- Don't be ruled by fear.  I don't want to be afraid to fail.  I don't want to be afraid to succeed.  I don't want fear to rule my world.  I want to teach my kids to not be ruled by fear.  Fear is making us complacent.
Number 3- Take better care of myself.  Eat better.  Work out more.  Get a check-up.  Try to get my family to take better care of themselves, too.  We need to keep each other around for a long time!
Number 4- Find more bench time.  I love spending time at my bench, yet it's one of the last things on my "to do" list.  Why?  It keeps me sane.  My boys need me sane.  My boys WANT me sane!  I want me sane!
Number 5- Be more social.  This kind of goes along with finding more bench time, in that it keeps me sane.  I need to make more time to hang out with friends.  Or just keep up with them.  I miss them!  I hope they miss me!
Number 6- Promote myself. My business really needs some help.  It needs some attention.  I need to start making some serious money at it so I can do what I love and quit doing all the things that are not making me happy.
Number 7- Organize my world.  Oh, my gosh!  My house is a mess.  My workshop is a mess.  My bench is a mess.  The lack of organization is making it very hard to accomplish the things I want to do.
Number 8- Delegate.  I don't live in this house alone.  There are 3 other people who live here with me.  They have hands.  They have brains.  They are able bodied.  They can help!  And they should!  Their future wives are going to kick my butt for not getting them prepared now.  It's my job as a mom!
Number 9- Spend more time with my kids.  They're growing up quickly.  One already has one foot out the door.  I need to cling to them as long as possible, as much as they'll allow me to.  I hope I haven't missed my window...
Number 10- And last, but definately not least, spend more time with my husband. I plan to be with him for the rest of my life.  I want to make sure he knows that.  We need to ditch the kids and just spend time together.  They're going to be moving on before we know it, and I want to make sure my husband and I still know each other.  He is kind of a good guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment