Sunday, February 7, 2010

Vacation!

I'm starting to get VERY excited about our vacation! We are going to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We used to live there, so it's sort of like going home. It's a three hour drive to get there, and the anticipation on the drive down is enough to make me crazy. The final part, by far the most exciting part, is driving over the bridge that's over the Currituck Sound. My eyes start tearing up as soon as I hit the bridge! Hitting the bridge at sunset is the best!
Unfortunately, this trip isn't just a vacation. I have to work for part of it. Bummer. On the plus side, I'll be making money, selling the thing I love to make (jewelry) in the place I love (the Outer Banks).

I'm going to be at the New World Festival of the Arts on Wednesday and Thursday, August 12th and 13th. This is a wonderful craft show in a beautiful location, the Manteo, NC waterfront. This show is always a gamble. It's right on the water, which makes for cooler breezes, but it also tends to make the breezes a bit unpredictable. I have had to stand on one edge of my tent and hold it down with all my strenghth before! Talk about exciting! There is also, almost always, a storm that blows through at some point during the two days. I am crossing my fingers that it won't happen this year! If you're there, stop by to see me! My business name is Sandy Toes Jewelry, and I'm supposed to be at space #69.
After the show, I get to focus on my relaxation time. I can't wait! I need this vacation! My husband needs this vacation! I think even my kids need a vacation! My oldest went to summer school this summer. I wish I could say that I feel sorry for him, but it was his own fault. The boy is smarter than he realizes.
I can't wait to hit the beach! We have spent so little time outside this year, we will all definately have to sunscreen up, and we'll probably STILL burn! Once we get out onto the beach, nobody wants to leave until we're starving. One of the things that we learned while we lived at the beach is one of the things that we have forgotten how to do. We have forgotten how to relax! I know this seems like a simple thing to do, but it definately takes practice. I'll be practicing it in the Outer Banks in a very short while. I hope I perfect it!


Originally posted August 3, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment